From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:03:29 +0900
Lorenzo,

>It seems that a little more experiment and fact  and >thought
>needs be applied to raw -vs.- cooked and less >imagination
>from non-raw food eaters!

Well that sounds great, it seems  like you have just the knowledge then to
share with this list!

Actually I don't remember seeing beets in Japan anywhere.  Are all beets
red?  But there is something about those and turnips I think that make them
questionable.  Are they similar?  I thought turnips, though eaten raw, were
also on what I call the "border" paleo list.  It's been a year now since I
had them.  I cut them out at the time I read some info (here I think) about
turnips and beets being questionable for some reason (new world plant group?
Night shade?   Can't remember, please let me know if you know) and it was a
time I had a lot of gut aches, so I just quite turnips all together.

Judith