From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:15:16 -0800
-

>When one is deficient in one hormone, chances are there is a deficiency in
>the others.  They act in concert, do they not?  A hormonal cocktail should
>be given to "balance out" the whole......  HRT, taken properly, in the best
>dose for the patient can enhance and benefit, but the entire endocrine
>system must be checked first....

Absolutely and good luck to try to mimic the fine tuning of hormonal
regulations .
I am trying for 19 years to balance my intake of hormones that i don't
produce and  to mimic the natural response of the 2 glands involved and i
can say that i am far to feel satisfied with the vague aproximation that my
doctors are willing to explore.

It is our responsibility to be informed and
>take responsibility for our own health.  It doesn't take a degree in
>pharmacology or medicine to ask the right questions of a doctor.....  To
>take a pill without question is foolish IMO.

I have been foolish enough to do that in the past. Result i am dependant for
life on 2 artificial hormones and got osteoporosis as a consequence.

Hormones are so powerfull at so little dose that it is not something to play
with from the outside.

it is safer to work with  hormones from the inside ( emotional and spiritual
work).amazing how you can change your hormonal status just by thinking
diferently.

jean-claude