From:
Mrs Caroline Centa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:46:16 -0800
>>>Could you avoid refilling by just using a larger pot of water? About how
much total water do you need?

I guess you could use a larger pot, but you need to keep the water level up to between half way and 3/4 of the depth of the bowl and as water evaporates while it boils, you'll need to replenish it..  It's because the water needs to be boiling for such a long time.

>>>Not sure I understand this instruction; wouldn't you need to break the
orange up into sections or slices to get at the seeds?

Yes. You'll  need to cut the orange into smaller pieces before blending, but you need to ensure you blend the whole lot, except the ends and seeds.  The blender will have a hard time if you just put the whole orange in there, and the seeds won't taste that good.

>>>Any recommendations on the spice?

I got a mixed spice from the shop called spice.  I think it's a blend of cinnamon and nutmeg..  The usual kinds of spices you get in a christmas cake.

>>>What do you use for grease, canola oil?

I personally use cold pressed flaxseed oil., but you can use anything you would use to grease a tin or something, like coconut/olive etc   Try to use a mild tasting grease though - bacon fat probably wouldn't go with it.  If you use canola oil (although I was under the impression it wasn't paleo due to the way it was processed) then I guess you could use that.