From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:13:55 -0800
 > Sweet corn is wild??? And I'm hoping your scallops weren't dredged--of
 > course not...

corn salad is  a green that is called "mache" in french ( available in any
supermarket in france ) that grows in the winter as a weed in grains field
( that explain its name ) that is the tastiest green that i know that
produce from february to april ( but can be harvested year round if sown
overtime apart from the august september normal and natural  seeding here.).
In my garden they reseed themselves  spontanously now and sow them evrywhere
as a ground cover for the winter .

 > I would hate for folks to get the idea that what you are doing is really
 > instinctive nutrition. Juicing and mixing, while not at all evil IMO, are
 > not instinctive. You are a special situation, of course, as are we all, but
 > you might consider relinquishing your status as resident _practicing_
 > instincto.

I am not at the present time and since i started to eat one salad a day 2
years ago.
latelly i added a green juice in the morning , all with purposes to
compensate for the fact that because greens are so available they don't have
a strong instinctive appeal to start with .
they are so easelly,  in our hectics life style ,  defavorised over
naturally stronger instinctivelly attractive and harder to get fruits or
seeds .
i still have an experience of many years of sticking to the principles of
instinctive eating and i still do for most of my foods especially meats and
nuts .

To my own dismay i discovered that sticking to a radical diet like that ask
a radical life style change that i didn't manage to implemente fully or to
sustain for familly reasons .

I still strive to make it work but  will require many years of effort from
my part
.
the main reason being that this diet require an adequate environment and
social structure  that will takes years and may be generations to establish.
Working by myself on that project became exhausting .
the reality of child rearing( 2 young kids ) in a dissociated social
structure ( nuclear familly isolated from each other ) made it very
difficult

if i wanted to eat instinctivelly the way i think it is possible and
necessarry , it will require , considering the inpoverished environment ,
that i spend most of my time hunting , fishing,  gathering ...
something that is not fun to do allways on my own .

on top of that trying to establish edible ecosyteme , earning money to pay
for untradable commodities of the modern world .Being a present father ....
way too much for somebody like me affected by an autoimmune disorder .

jean-claude