From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:15:54 -0800
  Rob Bartlett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:>
I drink milk for two reasons - for my coffee (I will never drink it black)
 > and it's help in getting me to sleep.

coffee + milk - me too (black coffee is too much of a gut rot)

milk for sleep - tryptophan (an amino acid) (turkey is high in tryptophan
too)

RobFor getting to sleep, I highly recommend
Tension Tamer Extra tea from Celestial
Seasonings.  The regular Tension Tamer has

chamomile, lemon grass and other calming herbs;
the "extra" also contains kava kava, which is very effective for a night when

you really can't sleep.