From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:38:11 MDT
Hello, all!

I have SO enjoyed reading response to the 48 Hours episode.  Before ripping
into various and asundry things wrong with the world today, an update.

NeanderThin is, as of about 10 AM Eastern time, #74 on Amazon.com.
Yesterday, it was 54.  Troy Gilchrist tells me it got up to 30 or so on
Friday.  Its previous place?  Around 1500.  Woo hoo!

Back to the story.  Allow me to get mean 'n nasty.  Is it just me, or is
Dean Orhish butt ugly?  From the neck down, he looks like he just got hit by
a bus.  The problem with his face is that it oozes arrogance.  If you're
lookin' for f*ckability, you won't find it on him!

Isn't it amazing that he talks about how all that eeee-veee-ill protein will
make you lethargic when the story had just showed Ray running around like
the proverbial chicken with its head cut off, keeping up with a falcon and
not even breaking a sweat?

I also remember how it was said the Ornish diet resulted in improvements
"for some people".  SOME people.  If I remember correctly, it was from the
reporter's text, not an Ornish bite.  Take THAT, doc!

Speaking of doctors, does the stomach-chopper even bother with telling his
patients what to eat?  One post was right; the first woman ate pure sh*t!
The mother and daughter weren't doing much better.  But with a stomach that
small, is it even possible to take a multi-vitamin?

I will say I'm happy for the mother and daughter.  Not happy with the route
they chose, but I am glad they're losing weight.  I wanted to cry when the
girl talked about her new dress being covered in spit by fellow students.
It brings back memories of "fatty, fatty, 6 by 8, can't get through the
garden gate."  If anyone ever wondered where my sense of humor comes from,
there's your answer.  You can LET people laugh at you or you can MAKE them
laugh at you.  That's why fat people are jolly; it's about the only way
people will like them in most cases.  I know this may result in a barrage of
you the truth.

Keep the responses to 48 Hours coming.  And Mary, contact me if you'd like
to borrow my tape.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO