From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:03:38 -0400
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:48:32 -0800, T. Martin
wrote:

>Todd Moody wrote:
>> In fact, it would be even more interesting to compare nutrient
>> scores per 100 *calories* versus scores per 100 grams.
>
>I remember reading that some European country or other does exactly
>that on their obligatory nutrition labels. ...

Eat more vitamins per calorie or you have to eat more calories for
your
vitamins.
"    "    "        "  protein         "               protein   "  "
".
                      purin
                      dollar
                      environment-damage
                      pesticide

:-)

That first sentence will be the first sentence in my book.

My favourite ananysis program lists food's contents also per kcal
and this gives a much better impression how realistic a given
food-item's vitamin supply to a real meal can be.

Because i might not want to add very much of a very dense
food item (like mushroom), but prefer a big salad instead.

A second useful view was the supply of a vitamin (or other stuff)
listed agains annother stuff that shouldn't be too high.

For example kidney and gout deseased have to list how to get
their nutrients with the least amount of purins.

regards

Amadeus