From:
Barry Adamski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:32:40 EDT
I, like Mr. Moody, can not eat unlimited or even until I feel barely
satisfied food intake on Paleo.  I get very hungry and feel the need to
consume 4000 to 5000 calories.  I gained weight (10lb) on all unprocessed
meat and nothing else for a month.  I know that I am the exception on this
point not the rule.

I have used the appetite suppression part of this WOE to help me control my
binges.  I eat around 1900 to 2000 kcal daily (current weight 285) and lost
13 pounds in March.  If I could eat more fat I would love to.  I have found
that by limiting my fat intake to less than 80g per day, my protein intake to
over 200g per day and my carb intake less than 100 g per day I am on an even
keel and am losing weight.  I am choosing mostly Paleo foods at this point in
my weight loss journey.

Everyone is pushing high fat.  Why isn't the Australian bushman considered in
this Paleo equation.  They eat very little fat and very little carbo and are
the healthiest people alive while in the bush.  Therefore, wouldn't cutting
fat not make any real difference to weight loss success.  Isn't it all
dependent on carbohydrates a.k.a. ketosis?  All meat has zero carbs therefore
more weight loss will occur under normal conditions.

Just Wondering
Barry J Adamski