From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 22:13:10 MST
Hi there,
I have no problem whatsoever saying what I weigh. Until the winter of  1998,
my highest weight while religiously following a "healthy" vegetarian diet was
around 165 which is a lot on a 5 foot 4 inch medium frame. My lowest weight
was 130 when I lived in the eastern Sierra and skiied 90 days a year. I must
say, I looked great. When I switched to the zone, I dropped to about 155 but
could never get any lower no matter what I did. In the winter of 1998 I
succumbed to a very nasty case of pneumonia which almost collapsed one lung
and left me ill with bronchitis and severe asthma. When I took the plethora of
drugs they gave me, my weight ballooned up to 190 even though I wasn't very
hungry or eating much. They pumped me full of antibiotics, steroids like
prednesone, anti depressents (becaused I complained of incredible fatigue and
insomnia and they couldn't believe it was physical), and then hormones. By the
end of last year, I was constantly aching, waking up every morning feeling
like a train hit me, insomniac, very miserable, very bloated feeling all the
time, and this was me faithfully following zone guidelines. I thought I had
candida or fibro but the doctors just implied to me that it was all in my
head. So I said to myself, "screw them" and decided to do research on what
might help. I read Schwarzbein, Atkins, Gittleman, more Sears, surfed the web
for info on candida and fibromyalgia, and then came that fateful night when I
happened to turn on the tv. You see, I don't watch television, though my sweet
partner does in the other room. But I am convinced that watching that 48 hours
program has changed my life for the better and for good! Thank you, thank you
Ray! I ordered the book soon after and began the program at the beginning of
this month. When I started, I weighed 187. I am now 174 and it's only been
about 3 weeks. The way I'm feeling right now is like night and day, and I like
the "Day" part! I like feeling good and not achey. And sleeping well, and not
needing my inhaler so much, and having more energy, and not feeling hopeless
or depressed and being able to be more clear headed and not foggy brained, and
not having so much pms (my partner is greatful too).  Hope this wasn't too
long winded.