From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 05:09:53 +0100
>The physical symptoms from carbohydrate withdrawal are very real indeed, and
>they can be caused by far more than just mineral loss. Those suffering from
>hypoglycemia, or insulin resistance, can suffer from miserable headaches,
>fatigue, muscle weakness, extreme irritability, mental confusion, and a host
>of other symptoms not too dissimilar to those a diabetic might suffer from if
>his blood sugar dropped too low.
>
>Maddy Mason
>Hudson Valley, NY

Hey, hey, help! I have had absolutely terrible, days-long headaches
for
about a month now. They last 3-4 days, then go away spontaneously and
reappear in a day or so. I was really beginning to question if
something
might be wrong with my diet proportions, if there mught be one or two
foods
I should cut out, or some I should add back.

I know from way back what hypoglycemia feels like; I dieted like a
crazy
thing most of my first four decades. But I've been eating lots and
often,
with plenty of fat, on Paleo. Things I might suspect of causing
problems,
though, are: Still having one big mug of coffee each morning, and
black tea
in the afternoon. Still eating bananas, although I try to have some
fat or
protein with them. Still drinking fresh veggie juice, but ditto on the
fat
or protein accompaniment. Still eat yogurt, although I am somewhat
intolerant to other dairy and have dropped it (except butter, of
course:)

I take antioxidants, MSM, SOD, fish oil, minerals, enzymes,
bioflavonoids,
TCM formulas, and eat lots of things raw.

Anything you guys can add for ideas or support would be welcome. This
just
doesn't feel like me; I'm not the headache type. Thanks,

ginny and Tomo, "Mom doesn't feel good..."

All stunts performed without a net!