Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:20:01 +0900
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 9/27/02 3:24:57 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I can't imagine a little *bad breath* (some describe it as fruity) would
> stopped any man (or woman) from having sex -- I imagine that paleo man/woman
> were at least as horny as modern humans if not more so. Doubt seriously if
> the rest of their hygiene, oral and body, was too particular anyway. Perhaps
> all the natural odors were part of the mix then -- now everything is masked
> over with perfumes, deodorants, minty mouth washes, etc., (does that stuff
> really smell good; is it sexy? Or has Madison Avenue conned our senses?) Our
> pheromones don't have a chance -- more significant question is how we moderns
> ever manage to have sex.

Here is a funny story, but true. As a young man my buddies
and I would often cruise looking for chicks. One guy, quite
average looking, always seemed to be mobbed by the girls.
His secret? He claimed that going for two weeks without
batheing did the trick! I don't know, never managed two weeks
without bathing, but it sure worked for him.

Later, after I moved to Japan, I noticed that a particular
immigrant ethnic group (not to be named so as not to offend)
had extremely powerful body odor, but again, in the discos
they seemed to have plenty of girls hanging around.

Just a few anecdotes...