From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:02:38 -0500
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:20:36 -0800, Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>btw paleolithically having wild fruit on my table "mespilus germanica".
>>Really fruit of the month (ripe in November).
>Is a grafted tree with a special variety?
>I will be interested to get some seeds from the medlar "mespilus germanica
>"if it is coming true from seed.

You can see some mespilus photos i've just uploaded.
Some fruit (besides a plate of rosehip and "cornus mas" fruits:
http://www.geocities.com/paleolix/mespdesk.jpg
They are not really ripe there but i like eating them also in this state.
(kind of adstringent).
When they are ripe (just wait from Oct 10 until now) they turn brown
inside and quite tasty.

Mespilus is a big bush. In my garden at:
http://www.geocities.com/paleolix/mespilus.jpg
Fruits were quite many, here they are harvested.
Some on the top are still visible.

These pic's are about 500k size. I hope this is accomodable with your
network connection.

Mespilus isn't modified or grafted or anything. There are some "big fruit"
varieties (i didn't experience bigger fruit of one such bush i have).

Fruits have 5 big kernels occupying about 1/3 of the interior (like many
wild fruit).
They grow pretty good and quick , not requiring fertilizing or such in
cool climates.

I've planted several of size about 50cm which are pretty cheap here
(about 8$).
If you can't get such plants at your place I'll send you some seeds of it by
snail mail (mail me privately).

Bon soir, Amadeus