From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:07:54 -0500
From: Todd Moody on February 1, 2001:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Norm Skrzypinski wrote:
>
> > My brother and I are the same height, 6'1", but my inseam is 32 and his
is
> > 30.  He says that, since our fellow primates are very noticeably
> > short-legged, he's either a throw-back or maybe just a back.  He's taken
> > singing "We Are Devo".
>
> And even if you both had exactly the same percentage of body fat,
> he would weigh more than you.  This is why I think weight tables
> have to allow for this.

Yes.  I have small bones and weigh 160 lb.  He has large bones and weighs
215.

> Now, is your brother more Inuit-like than you, metabolically
> speaking?

Aside from the obvious differences in size and proportion, that's hard to
know.  I eat a raw paleo diet; he eats SAD.  He's not particularly attracted
to large slabs of meat; he has a strong preference for Italian and Mexican
dishes, especially those with a lot of cheese.  He rarely eats dessert or
sweets.  Taking supplements, especially vitamin C, make him feel worse, so
he avoids them.  I drink spring water; he drinks Guinness, Dalwhinnie and
gallons of coffee.  Despite all that, he appears to have boundless energy,
is a senior executive in a thriving computer consulting company and plays a
very active role in a volunteer-run adult literacy program.

Norm