From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:55:25 MST
Hello there,
Here's a little bit about myself:
I'm 44, female, living about 60 miles north of San Francisco with my long time
companion Bob.
We discovered "the Zone" back in 1995 and have been following the program. It
was a definite step in the right direction.
I took ill with pneumonia in the winter of '98, and have been struggling with
my health ever since.
Never able to fully recover, I felt I should be doing something more. The
illness caused me first to drop a lot of weight, then to balloon up about 50
lbs over my "healthy" weight due to the steroids and other medications I was
now having to take for the resulting ongoing lung problems. Even eating in the
"zone" hasn't helped. I'm sure I'm typical of a lot of "civilized" people:
tired all the time, constant aches all over, overweight, overwrought, asthma =96
a recent development, and continuous congestion and allergies that I never had
as a young person.
I can truly understand Mr. Audette's desperation that led him to be his own
guinea pig, and thus benefit so many people. I got his book just a week ago
and I'm re-reading it and emptying my section of the pantry and fridge of
"non-edibles." My partner has made a deal with me. If I show marked
improvement in my health he'll jump on board, till then he's sticking with his
zone menu. A dozen years ago, I was living in the Eastern Sierras, hiking the
Pacific Crest in the summer, and downhill skiing in the winter. These days I
count myself doing well if I've managed to walk 30 minutes. I believe in this
lifestyle change. It's logical and it feels like the "missing link" to me on
the journey to regain my health. At this point, weight loss would just be a
fringe benefit, but being able to breathe and cut back or eliminate my meds
would be heaven.

Blessings to all,

micki