From:
Sam Sharma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:01:11 -0500
Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 05:10:21PM +0000, Andy wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Dec 2000, Todd Moody wrote:
> >
> > > I'm in the Very Low range, but I suspect most people would like to
> > > at least get into the Low range with paleodieting.
> >
> > Yes, that is what I would like.
> >

> In a primative environment, where food is scarce, generally of low calorific
> value, and always obtained at the cost of energy expenditure, then it may be
> enough. Remember also, that under such conditions, gluttony and sloth are
> powerfull survival characteristics, which have almost certainly been selected

actually if you know anything about anorexia patients you'll know that they
have a powerful urge to work out.  Some commentators suggest this is because
of social conditioning, others point out that if you're starving it makes
sense for your body to push you to move and find food.

this concerns healthy people, BTW - not people that are being disease - starved.