From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:43:11 -0500
I have another take on many forms of what people think is arthritis.
Many people have bone spurs or slipped disks and are without symptoms.

Other people have symptoms and go to the doctor and it it's your knee,
they look at your knee and x-ray it and whatever they find, they say
"that's the cause." The location of the pain is often not where the
"cause" is to be found.

We get this with eating: we know if someone has high blood pressure, is
overweight, and perhaps type two diabetic, that if they cut their carbs
and eat paleo, lots of times they can end up quite healthy with bit of
excercise thrown in. It's not the blood pressure that's the problem,
it's the overall person's eating and excercise that's the problem.

Same in many cases with arthritis, tendonitis, "bad" knees, "bad" backs,
"arthritic" hips. At least I think so.

I would get terrible headaches after working out. The headaches got
worse over the months. I tried lots of things to no avail including two
chiropractors, an acupuncturist, massage therapists, and a neurologist.
I treated trigger points. I read and investigated.

Ultimately, I found excercises that are realigning my joints and they
have removed most of the headaches. I believe these excercises restore
our body's posture and make us functional again, by challenging muscles
that have lost their tone and have been replaced by other muscles that
are over-compensating.

My stepmother has supposedly degenerated hips and supposedly needs new
replacements. She is 65 or so. They claim cartilage doesn't grow back.
Baloney. I broke a finger and the bone grows back, why wouldn't
cartilage? But many of us are out of alignment, dysfunctional, and this
causes friction on our joints which wears them out faster than they can
regenerate.

Try www.egoscue.com for information on what I am talking about. Read the
reviews on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060924306/qid=1080869915/

What does this have to do with paleo eating? A lot. It isn't always
diet. I don't know what your situation is, Theola, but this is a just a
lead and perhaps the direction it leads isn't in a dietary one.

--Richard