From:
galacticaxis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:35:48 -0700
Thanks Siobhan for the helpful vitamin source information...that's
certainly the sort of thing I am looking for (as opposed to what is readily
available in health food stores).  If anyone else has similar source
information, it is, once again, much appreciated.

After reading Oliva's post about vitamin C being extracted from corn, I
checked the two brands I have.  Sure enough, one brand excluded corn from
the list of common allergens it does not contain.  The other brand simply
has a vague statement, "contains no common allergen."

The presence of even trace amounts of the paleo "forbiddens" seems like
quite a valid concern.  Lecithin (from soy) is very common in vitamin
supplements.  With the immune-boosting aspect of the paleo diet being the
elimination of foreign proteins, it seems that even trace amounts of soy or
corn in our supplements could potentially set off an immune reaction for
those of us who are particularly sensitive.  More thoughts?
Gala