From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 15:56:36 +0100
>In describing the mechanism of action of chiropractic it was stated that it
>somehow works by reducing interference with the nervous system. What is the
>nature or mechanism or description of this 'interference' that is involved...

It's direct and physical in nature. Here's a good example: I had been
suffering from an increased numbness down the front and inside of my
left
thigh. My chiropractor addressed the problem by adjusting the position
of
my lumbar 2nd, 3rd, and 4th vertebrae. Over a period of a few weeks
the
numbness, tingling and pain diminished as the pressure was taken off
the
roots of the anterior crural nerve, which arises from the spinal
column and
exits through the interstices of these vertebrae.

Over time and the wear and tear of life's traumas, the skeleton can
become
deranged, and muscles start to work overtime to preserve a functional
alignment. Realigning the bones allows the muscles and nerves to do
their
job as designed. This improves movement and releases a lot of energy
used
to try to balance. Imagine a stack of blocks precariously balanced but
strung together, and think of the many points at which you might have
apply pressure to keep them from falling when they are moved. The load
the
body can endure is amazing, but not infinite. Chiropractic takes that
load
off. Pardon the simplicity, but I hope this helps.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!