From:
galacticaxis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:44:48 -0700
Some of my supplements are enclosed in gelatin capsules which seem to have
the taste/smell of chlorine.  I don't sense this in all gelatin capsules,
but in a variety of products including standardized herbs, msm and
probiotics from well-regarded manufacturers that otherwise check out as
very high quality.  Does anyone have information about the processing of
gelatin capsules?  I know the gelatin generally comes from beef, but is it
bleached or sterilized using chlorine or other toxins?

Thanks for any information you may have,
Gala