From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:32:20 -0700
> Rob,
>

> > Micheal:  You said that you are eating instincto,
> but not raw.  How can this
> > be?  The text suggest that one's instincts do not
> work on denatured foods.
>
> I don't believe I said I was eating instincto. I
> just developed this way
> of eating to get an instinctual stop eating signal.
> I got some of my
> ideas from Paleo, some from instincto, some from The
> Zone diet, and some
> from Atkins.
> The instincto WOE is to eat raw. Foods may be eaten
> one after the other
> in the same meal.  My way is to eat cooked, one food
> at a meal.
>
> I do most definitely get the instinctual eating stop
> with cooked food as
> well as raw.

I first read about this method of eating in a Natural
Hygiene tract. They refered to it as "monodiet" or
"monomeal". The theory they presented is that it would
be natural for early humans to "gorge" themselves on
certain foods (like berries or fruits) when those
foods came into season. Later, the NH folks figured it
would also be good method for enhancing
"internal cleansing".

I find the monodiet or monomeal concept appealing, but
I do have a question for anyone who practices it. Do
you ever get "cravings" for other foods after you've
eaten your monomeal (like for sweets after meat)? If
so, do you just "ignore" the craving, or does it
become the basis for your next meal?