From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:06:59 -0400
On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Kent Multer wrote:

> I've heard some other most-allergenic lists that included beef, as well as,
> I think, pork or some other caveman-kosher foods.  Can someone clarify?
> It's a popular argument against paleo eating, so I'd like to have some
> points to counter with.  Thanks -- Kent

Kent, there is no counter.  People should not eat foods that they
are allergic to, and it's beyond question that some people *are*
allergic to caveman-kosher foods.  There are also intolerances
that are not strictly allergies, and these too can include paleo
foods.  Some people really are allergic to beef, free-range or
not.  Some people get vicious migraines when they eat citrus
fruits.  I find that I can get rid of my psoriasis only if I
avoid tomatoes and oranges completely, but both are considered
paleo foods.

I think the nonpaleo foods are statistically more likely to cause
problems, but I don't believe a rigid generalization can be made.

Todd Moody