From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:03:00 -0700
>On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Ken Stuart wrote:
>
>> This leads me to believe that some people have a genetic adaptation to
>>dairy and
>> some don't (since many people have improvements due to eliminating
>>dairy) - and
>> so I think that D'adamo is correct in just his part of his theory...
>
>It's funny you should mention this.  I used to notice that
>certain, but not all, dairy products would cause an increase in
>mucus in my throat and mouth.  The effect was fairly immediate
>after consumption of the product.  In particular, I noticed that
>cheddar, American, and cream cheese would cause this reaction,
>but feta, mozzarella, and cottage cheese would not.  I later
>learned that this corresponds well to D'Adamo's type A list for
>dairy, with the exception of cottage cheese, which I'm supposed
>to avoid.
>
>One of the many unanswered questions is this: D'Adamo asserts
>that the reason why type A people must avoid most dairy products
>is that they contain the sugar D-galactosamine, which is part of
>the type B antigen (and thus rejected by type A).  In most
>cheeses, however, I believe this sugar is fermented out...
>
>Todd Moody

Completely anecdotal, but I get stuffy from milk or ice cream, but not from
yogurt or hard cheese. I don't remember about cottage cheese. I've thought
for a long time that I should do something about it, and now I have, almost
by default. I eat yogurt with no discernible effect (full fat). Cheese
gives me interesting dreams if I eat a lot of it right before bed. I've
always observed that. I believe it has to do with the particular protein
makeup, and digestability or lack thereof.

ginny, Paleodog, type O

All stunts performed without a net!