From:
Chuck Spindler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:00:58 -0600
Hi all,

My mom has been following a low-carb diet for about last 6-8 months, and
has recently begun eating more paleo as a result of reading Cordain's
book.  In her most recent blood tests (a workup done by the Berkeley
lab), her Fibrinogen level is quite high (448).  According to Berkeley,
the goal is <350.

Admittedly, I've never before heard of Fibrinogen.  Does anybody(s) on
the list know much about it?  And, if so, how important a marker is it
for cardiovascular health?

Thanks, Chuck