From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:06:29 -0800
Stacie Tolen writes:
> Kezia came in the door with a bag of Fruit Loops and immediately
offered some  to Zoe!
> And when we are at some kind of gathering where there is food, and we
have to say no, thanks to the junk...people act like we're either rude or
contagious or something. >

It may be wrong,  but, I ask what is in the food item, and I say we are
allergic to one of the food items mentioned.  It doesn't go any farther
as to asking us to try it anymore.  When I child comes over to play with
my kids, and they bring junk to eat, I tell them they have to sit at the
table, and eat all their snack before they can play. Of course my kids
are older now, but I still do this with their friends too.  After a
while, they stop bringing the junk over.  So maybe, after a while Kezia
will get tired of having to eat at the table by herself, and not have any
fun until her snack is gone.  About Kezia not liking your treats, just
tell her, oh that's too bad, because this is what we like and they are
real good.  And let Zoe have her treat anyway, always inviting Kezia to
try it.  Or you can do what my sister does,  she says very loud and very
blunt,  *my daughter can not eat that, so please do not share with her.*
Its a little brisk, but it gets the point across.

Trish
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.