From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:26:38 +0000
My mum drinks soda water by the litre.  When I say soda water, I mean
just carbonated water with sodium bicarbonate, not the american sense
of "soda".  Is the acidic nature of soda water dangerous to your bones
(we have osteoporosis in our family, and by some funny coincidence, a
milk intolerance that manifests as dairy product addiction).

All wikipedia has to offer is the usual 6u77$#!+ pseudo-science...
"Intake of carbonated beverages has been associated with increased
bone fracture risk in observational studies, but the net effect of
carbonated beverage constituents on calcium economy of the body is
negligible. Thus, the skeletal effects of carbonated beverage
consumption are likely due primarily to milk displacement (drinking
club soda and thus drinking less milk)."

But it does not separate plain carbonated water from phosphorus-
containing fizzy pop.

Ashley