From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:08:56 -0500
    I have no doubt about what I had. It was cellulitis, plain and simple.
    I suspected the other person did not have it, but rather it was cellulite, which was confirmed in an answer to my entry.
    Cellulitis is a very technical name, and people need to be taught the difference between the two terms. The -itis ending of the word refers to an inflammation of some sort. In this case, it happens to be a disease that resides in the liquid area among cells.
    My main point after giving a personal description of my sufferings with the -itis one was that *both* cellular problems would benefit from the Paleo low-carb way of eating. I had back slid quite badly, which probably set up my body to have a very difficult time fighting off the bateria/fungi that invaded somewhere on my body and settled in the lower legs near the ankles.
    The Paleo way of eating contributes to better skin tone and immune response against bodily invaders. If you doubt that, see how well cuts heal when you're in a healthy condition.

Mary Anne