From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 05:02:08 -0500
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:01, Paleogal wrote:

>"And some cloned animals develop health problems."
>
>This is just not cost effective for any animal breeder, not to mention the
>fact that it is sheer madness to mess with a good piece of meat.....
Oliva

You Americans appear to be caught up in a headlong rush with little
dissent of corporate stuffing around with nature - all for dollar
benefits, not for benefits to health of humans or the other animals
involved.  Write to your congressman and senator, mayor and anyone else
and demand labelling of all cloned produce - meat, fruit, grains -
everything.  If it's demonstrably harmless, the pushers will agree.

It'll never catch on in our lifetimes in cultures where the 'precautionary
principle' applies:

http://dieoff.org/page31.htm

I recall John Gray's memorable sentence: "...The lush natural world in
which humans evolved is being rapidly transformed into a largely
prosthetic environment"  Ugh!

For Gray's full artlcle see: http://www.evfit.com/population.htm

Keith