Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:09:02 -0800
"C.B." posted this:
>Ah, I was hoping nobody would say "France." There's a new study out that
suggests basically the French have the lowest obesity rates, vs. the U.S.,
U.K., Australia, and New Zealand...

"Rachel" posted this:
>The French typically consume their largest meal at lunch and nearly 60% of
their total daily calories before 2:00 pm.  In contrast, Americans generally
take in only 38% of their calories by 2:00 pm...<

Rachel, I don't doubt that SAD diet practices are a huge factor, generally
speaking. I was spelunking around for anything else that might go into the
gamut. By the way, with the time-of-day eating thing, do we know much about
what time of day Paleo people ate? (I'd suspect this might've been posted in
months or years past, but at moment I don't recall much about it.) I do
think the "French Paradox" is an interesting issue for a few reasons - for
one it seems to have stirred some mainstream debate, which is good. Another
is that there's some vindication that low fat is not next to godliness.

>I may have a little more on this in the paleo diet cookbook<

I won't complain if you decide to add a whole chapter on French Paleo
cooking.

To add in just one more topic, has anyone looked around for old, old recipes
(say the early part of the last 1,000 years, or earlier?).. in times past
I've run across some of these and wonder if anyone had interest in Paleo
adaptation of them? At least at that time things were a lot less processed,
so the recipes tended to be more Paleo in some regards anyhow. They also
tend to be written in a somewhat charming manner (take ye a (blank of
whatever) and grind it until it soft unto like freshly churned butter, etc.
etc.) - with quantities that are more like a handful and a pinch than
measured in teaspoons, grams or ccs.

Thanks,

C.B.