From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:11:36 -0500
Karen wrote:

>Ah, thanks Craig. Would be interested in any critique of the book. Trying
>to find one book that would be the most convincing for people who want to
>see scientific evidence but don't have the patience to wade through too
>much.

I can't say there's an awful lot of scientific evidence presented in the
book.  He trashes most of the other popular diets on the market (though in
a humorous way), and presents a clearly paleo approach, coupled with
serious weight training.  Basically I think of Hunt's book as NeanderThin
with barbells.  He includes a bunch of recipes, but all of them are from
Internet sources---virtually reprinting the archives of the Paleo Recipes
mailing list.

It's a great book to introduce people to the paleo aproach, but it's very
much geared to a popular audience, and not to those looking for scientific
data.

Craig Smith