From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:07:01 -0500
Phillip sent:
> [Why prevent any disease, which left unchecked
> could infect the entire human species, if we use "unnatural" means
> to do so? The destruction of our species could have been its natural
> course.]

Siobhan sent:
> I think the point is that menopause is as natural as puberty.
> Neither of these are diseases.
Would one take something to suppress puberty?

Ardeith writes:
Yes, thank you, that is what I was aiming at....I realize that
some women must accept the risks of taking HRT due to
other medical problems.....but I object to HRT being
presented to otherwise healthy women to treat a condition
that is not a disease.......But then I also object to this whole
culture's fixation on "eternal youth".....I think we lost
something important when we lost our respect for the
elders in our communities and worshipped at the foot
of "Youth at any cost".......aging is not something
shameful, to be hidden away........I adored my Granny
and learned much about living from her.....but our
current culture would hide such as her in nursing homes
and "retirement communities" where wrinkles and
white hair can be hidden away.......
Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.