From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:00:03 -0500
Hi All,

I have never done an extended water fast before but this is what I am hoping
to do no later than end of October to deal with Lyme's disease and a
co-infection called babesia. I have fasted with broth and small amounts of
juice before and have always broken the fast with fat and/or egg yolks. I am
currently eating ZC but will most likely go back to Paleo in the form of
meat/poultry/fish, fat, and low starch veggies after the fast. Or I will go
back to ZC. Haven't decided yet. What I am wondering is, how does one break
a fast when eating Paleo food? I know the typical recommendation is veggie
and fruit juices, steamed veggies, and fruit, oatmeal, potato soup, etc..
However, I have no desire to consume that many carbs or to eat grains in any
form. Has anybody here done an extended water fast (2 weeks or longer) and
if so, how did you break the fast?

My thought was to start with homemade kefir made from raw milk (I know -
dairy is not Paleo) or soft boiled egg yolks. Then maybe small amounts of
fat??

Another question - is it ok to take probiotics during a fast?

Thank you,

Kristina