From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:43:40 EST
In a message dated 11/30/2001 10:26:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> It seems to me Sheryl that your issue with Wally's "communication style" my
> be based more on that he called you to task for playing loose and fast
> with facts regarding paleo.

Mark, this is truly not correct.  I chose not to continue the discussion with
Wally because I didn't like the way he was speaking to me, but my position is
highly defensible.  Wally himself said in one post that my opinions are
similar to some widely read and respected authors (I think he mentioned
Eades) who he happens to disagree with.  Another example would be Schwarzbein.

I really have read many, many books on this topic, and I've come to some
conclusions that differ from Wally's conclusions.  That doesn't mean I'm
wrong, misinformed, not paleo, etc.  These ideas are very much in dispute,
and intelligent, well-informed people can disagree.  Even academic
paleonutritionists disagree.  Have you read the posts on the paleodiet list?
You should!

It does not serve this list for someone to present his point of view as The
Truth and to characterize every other point of view as misinformed and
absurd--and to express this opinion with great rudeness and sarcasm.  You
can't have a worthwhile discussion with a bully, which is why I stopped
answering Wally's messages.

     - Sheryl