From:
judy genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:04:11 EDT
I bet my money that the root you describe eating in San Juan(?) was a
yucca
root.  It is very similar to a potato in texture, although more
translucent
and definately more yummy, IMHO....

I was in a Cuban restaurant in Key West, and they served yucca on the
menu
the way we serve potatoes and variations thereof here.  My favorite
dish was
a cold salad of boiled yucca marinated in lime juice, fresh garlic and
cilantro.  IT accompanied fresh sea bass.  Probably not paleo, but
really
delicous.

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl ...... who spent a lovely day butchering 150
pounds of
deer with her little boy who stayed home from kindergarten today..
Guess