From:
Padraig Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:55:51 -0400
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:47:46 -0400, Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Padraig Hogan wrote:
>> I don't understand how anyone can make such a statement. You can be a
>> fruitarian and take supplements to make up for any deficits caused by
>> agriculture.
>>

>That's the point.  Why do you want to take chemicals to make up for the
>deficiencies that are inherent in an agricultural only diet.

Well I also take fish and eggs sometimes. Until very recently I used to have 4-
8 eggs a week, although I'm trying not to have any now. Who knows what
medication the hens have been fed... I don't know how long this will last but I
will always try to have a bit of fish.

>> It's true that our ancestors had more protein than in just fruit, their main
diet
>> by far was fruit, then vegetables, then eggs/insects/fish. Meat very rare
thing
>> for them... and if this list has hijacked the term "paleo" for some kind of
40%
>> red meat/cancer diet (as some controversial books have), then I think
that's
>> disgraceful.
>>

>How do you figure this?  Fruits are seasonal.  The subsisted mainly on
>fatty meats.

There are some fruits and vegetables around all year around, obviously in
Africa seasons make little difference.