From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:41:49 -0500
On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Susan Carmack wrote:

> >Does meat have opioids in it??
> The grain fed meat does. I remember the "odd feeling" that came over me
> when I ate gluten filled meat and also the cramps and diarrhea.

Susan, I still don't understand where the gluten in the meat is
supposed to come from.  "Grain finished" meat generally refers to
meat from animals fattened before slaughter on grains, but the
grain most often used for this purpose is corn, which is devoid
of gluten.  I think soybeans are also sometimes used, but they
have no gluten either.  Is the gluten from oats, perhaps?

Furthermore, free-range cattle certainly eat some
gluten-containing grains, in the form of the seeds on the heads
of grasses.  And they eat wild oats, too, so free-range cattle
would by no means have gluten-free diets.

Todd Moody