From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:58:47 -0600
Jim:
The link to the first article didn't work. Is it that flawed article by the
2 Liverpool University researchers? Flawed in that their conclusions are not
supported by their abuse of metadata analysis!

I've been developing a "paleo" approach to training we call Primal Training.
It's considerations include both a meta position with respect to training
principles together with reconstructing the warp and woof of how paleos
lived around the world - and how physical condition was a major, if not key,
factor in adaptation to changing environmental stressors.

Exercise physiology is a tricky field, one in which far too many
publications are idiotic, obvious products of the publish or perish
university career track along with how foundations fund studies for
professoral income! The clues are more likely found among coaches. I can
guarantee you most of our notions of training are an Americanism, not
meeting the test of universal verities marking a genuine science. Whole
systems of training producing far quicker hypertrophy and fitness have been
uncovered by me in Australia, Japan, and as close by as Canada - the latter
was subject of a 2 part article I did in Iron Man Magazine summer 2008. The
others will be covered forthcoming. I have fun doing research,experimenting
in my lab - my home gym - and both putting those ideas in the public by
writing as well as making some money as an author. I will definitely be
bringing a book on on Primal Training - A Meta-Fitness book of principles.