Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:39:41 -0800
<<Adding a pup to our household has me obsessing on dog lit (training, diet, stories).  >>

Ian Billinghurst has written 2 books on the natural diet of dogs based on their evolution, Give your dog a bone and grow your pups with bones.  If you haven't read either one, I would recommend the give your dog a bone even if you have a pup because he explains in more detail his theories (it was his first book and usually just refers back to it in grow your pup with bones).  As for training, there are many many many books out there.  I don't have any specific titles, but my dogs respond much better to positive training - i ignore the bad behavior and reward the good behavior.  Clicker training is supposed to be a great method also, although you may want to have someone teach you or observe someone who uses that method.  Good luck with your pup!!

Jane