From:
Robert Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:14:50 -0500
Thanks Tom. That makes sense.

I feel a lot better on my own version of the paleo diet than on any of the
diets I've listed. For example, I've learned that sugary fruits like mango
stop my weight loss. And I always need to pay very close attention to
portion sizes or total calories per day. If I get hungry, I just drink
water and tell my body to metabolize some of my stored fat.

I guess my big concern now is doing damage to myself with saturated fats
that will lead to a heart attack. I once read that cholesterol is like the
body's ambulance or police car. It rushes to the scene of an accident and
tries to repair the damage. Thus, high cholesterol means your cell walls
are being damaged, probably by the anti-nutrients in
 grains, hydrogenated
oil, etc.

Has anyone found any good research on the effects of a paleo diet on heart
attacks, rather than on cholesterol levels?