From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:24:44 CST
Robyn wrote:
>I've just opted out of this list. It is one of seven email "groups" I
>subscribe to and the only one with so many members so eager to attack each
>other personally and to argue with anything and everything that gets posted
>just for the hell of it. I'm afraid to post anything because I know I'll

Ah, lighten up a little.  Matters of debate are suppose to be competitive.
Since I'm only 20 years old (and have much to learn), I absolutely love
trying to pick apart the arguments of people on this list that are a *lot*
smarter than I am.  For example, I have a tendency to go after M. Audette
b/c he's probably one of the top 5 smartest people on this list.  I figure,
if I flame him, and he comes back and flames me, then in the end, I learn
something that I didn't know before.  I also have a tendency to go after Don
Matesz, Todd, and Ray (still waiting for Ray to post more though so I can go
after him).  To me, learning is much more fun, challenging, and I actually
learn more when I make it competitive (maybe it's a male thing, I don't
know).  I didn't take it personally when my 'altered genes' comment got
dismanted by several experts.  It really didn't even bother me.  Now, I
learned that the 'altered genes' thing was ignorant on my part.  It's okay
though b/c I'll get someone back for it.  :-)

Justin Hasselman