From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:15:13 -0800
Hi Paleoish Eaters.

Since supplements was brought up, I thought I would mention Judith DeCava's
book, The Real Truth About Vitamins and Antioxidants.
She warns against synthetic vitamins:

Synthetic Vitamin A can cause calcium deposits in soft tissues, insomnia,
liver damage, cancer and birth defects.
Synthetic Vitamin D can cause calcium imbalance.
Sytnthetic E complications include high blood pressure, clots, sore breasts
and severe fatigue.
Synthetic B vitamins can cause symptoms of pellagra, a deficiency of B3 and
side effects including nervousness, convulsions, headaches, water retention
and heart irregularities.
B3 or Niacin's side effects include diarrhea, headaches, skin problems,
high blood sugar, insomnia and liver damage.
B6 can be toxic to the nervous system.

All these are added to fabricated foods and infant formula.
I found this book review in the Summer 1996 edition of the Price Pottenger
Nutrition Foundation.

Paleobest,
Susan