From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:19:53 -0700
Susan Carmack wrote:

> Hi Paleophiles,
> I was given a lot of apples. Is there any special way I can keep them a
> long time without them going bad?
> Thank you in advance.

If you store your apples in a cool place, be sure to go through them
regularly (every week or so) to remove any which have started to
rot.  Look for any soft spots.  That bacterial rot will spoil all the
apples near the bad one if you don't remove it.

    Lynnet (who gave away more than 700 lbs of apples this year;
           what a fantastic crop!)