From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:29:13 -0700
At 09:21 PM 10/22/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>I eat a lot of raw meat (mostly beeef)  raw pig fat and raw yolks and never
>experienced any problems.
>Every food poisoning which I had in my life was always connected to eating
>plant food.
>
>And know the funny story:
>Once I took for lunch some cooked meat (ground)  which I forgot to put into
>fridge the other night. I didn't smell so I decided it's OK.
>When I ate almost half of it I noticed that it's full of small white warms
>(I don't know what it was) and I probably I ate a lot of them. I paniced for
>a while (some people told me before that Paleo eating will kill me sooner or
>later and I thought now was the time :) ) but decided to wait to see what
>happen. And nothing happened. I had no problems at all.

        Native tribes in the Amazon eat maggots very frequently these
days. No
food poisoning. This happens because of the encroachment of
civilization
into the forest. Pictures of these tribes when first meeting
civilization
in the 50's and 60's show very muscular robust peoples. Now because
they
must hunt without refrigeration and it takes 3 weeks to hunt for the
food
it used to take only 2 days to acquire, the meat is very spoiled. They
simply remove the maggots(not all of them) and eat. During the 3 weeks
of
hunting they subsist on starches(from a poisonous root). The natives
now
have huge stomachs and flabby asses.

Dave