From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:54:55 -0600
I know some martial artists who are also bodybuilders
and lifting weights has NOT slowed them down.

Yea? Can they touch the tops of their heads

Do you *never* increase the weight? I can't see any
benefit of being able to do 1000 reps of a relatively
light weight, whereas I can see huge benefits of doing
10 reps of an extremely heavy weight.

The only "huge" benefits I've seen in this method is, that it does just
that, makes you huge.

Apples and oranges. Most apes are naturally much
stronger than a man.

With a difference of four genes between humans and chimps, I wonder how
strong a natural human really was. They did have a thicker and stronger bone
structure than we did. Might be more like oranges and tangerines.

        `