From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:35:40 -0500
Correction: several of the proteins that I thought were "fibrous" are
actually "filamentous." For example, while axons and dendrites are
"hairlike" in structure, I don't know that any of the proteins they contain
are fibrous proteins. They do contain filamentous proteins, but these are
probably globular proteins, rather than fibrous proteins.

Examples of fibrous proteins include keratins, collagens and elastins.

Actin, myosin and tubulin are filamentous proteins.