From:
Mary Giese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:59:59 -0600
Sandy Rzetelny wrote:

> Does that mean he didn't do all/any of the other things you recommend in the
> article? Could you say how much Magnesium, what kind, and for how long?

I have always read that the calcium to magnesium ratio is 2:1 and that is what I
have used for years.  My college nutrition classes from many years ago indicated
that Vitamin C increases calcium absorption as do fats, which is why whole milk
yogurt or kefir is better than the fat free.  Also, I learned that breads and
grains inhibit the absorption of calcium.  These tips have worked well for me for
about 30 years.

If you have not been a milk drinker for a long time it might upset your system to
start now.  But predigested foods like plain yogurt or kefir should not be a
problem.  I'd also add more cheese if you can handle it.  Cottage cheese and
ricotta are good.

Mary Giese