Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:43:49 -0700
> Did you try heating up water in a microwave and drinking hot water?
> I do that alot when it's cold -- I do it at work even in the
> summer when the air conditioning is blasting away.

What I do these days is drink a lot of green tea, but I only leave the bag in
for a few seconds to give taste to the water.  I had heard that cold water
was supposed to speed up your metabolism, that's why I tried to increase my
consumption of it.

> Turnips and jicama might be a sufficient substitute for potatos.

Thank you Phil, I will try those.  I do love root vegetables, and I have a
problem consuming green leafy vegetables - mostly due to the fact that they
taste awful.  Give me parsnips and turnips over spinach and any day.

Katrina.