From:
George & Sherry Van Rijn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:48:43 -0700
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your detailed info!  I'm not on my last 5-15, but I do most of
your suggestions already and am losing just fine, at about that same rate.
I tend to have mostly meat/fat/veggies and then a "freer" meal or two about
once a week (freer with carb levels, that is, as in CKD plans such as The
Metabolic Diet,) and this seems - to me anyway - to be consistent with the
variety of a hunter-gatherer life.

For myself, I have found that eating correctly sets the stage, but exercise
is THE critical point for weight loss to occur.  I am amazed at how unfit I
became over the past two years since we moved.  It is taking a while to
build up to where I can exercise at the level I want to (due to soreness and
fatigue,) but I am improving and trying to be patient. :)   I am 41, female,
starting/current/goal weight:  172/160/120.  One of the more difficult
things has been overcoming the prevailing fear of dietary fats.

Keep up the good work!

Sherry