From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:49:00 -0800
At 04:28 PM 3/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>> If these are the moths I'm thinking of, they come from birdseed.  If
>> you keepseed for wild or domestic birds, consider keeping it in the
>freezer.

Mason jars work just fine, and you don't need to freeze them unless the moths
are already in the seed. Then you could put the whole jars in the deep
freeze for
a few hours and then take them out.

Usually if you are plagued with codling moth they have found some
packaged food and you didn't realize it till later. Search the backs
of your cupboards. Luckily, since they get into stored grains, flour, and
cereal,
the more paleo we are the less likely we are to have the problem. It's fun
to just
go through and toss all the starches, anyway.

Susan

Susan Kline
Philomath, Oregon