From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:01:33 -0800

________________________________

  If you were discussing non-marital sex, you would be asking why you get into so many arguments with Christians (and other people of faith, I daresay) about sexual morality.<

For 99.5% of Human history, people practiced serial monogamy, changing partners every few years ( much like those sinners in Hollywood do).    This would insure that each of a person's children would have a different spouse involved, conferring a geometrically greater likelihood that one of their prodigy would have inherited the immunities necessary to survive the next plague or parasite.

It was only our interaction with crop species that changed this normal behavior.  For pastoral and digging stick cultures, polygamy became the new morality as this maximized crop production.  It was only the invention of the plow that made lifetime monogamy, female chastity, and patrilineal decent necessary to further maximize crop production.

As the Son of Zeus ( Ha Zeus in Greek aka Apollo) said,"God is grapes and wheat" the body and blood of the Roman Empire.  Your morality may be based on what is best for another species, not humans, thus leading to the dissonance between our DNA and the norms of our agrarian culture giving marriage counselors and divorce attorneys and important role in our economy.

All because of the needs of plants I no longer eat!

RayAndromeda wrote>