From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 06:38:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/99 6:25:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  > However, throwing it out as fact, to groups of (no offense to anyone, for
>  > I am one of them) coddled, spoiled, delicate bellied Americans, is
>  > down right dangerous.  I see the ignorance (and innocence) of the
>  > public everyday at my job.  People do not take info like that
>  > cautiously.  They mis-quote, then exercise the advise incorrectly.
>  > Then end up dead.  I have to deal with those too.
>  >
>  > Anna
>
>  How many people do you know that died from salmonella or Montezuma's
>  revenge, for that matter. I don't think it is appropriate to flame
>  someone on the list for their ideas. Take what you need and leave the
>  rest.
>  Lighten up, its only a post on the internet and Americans aren't the
>  only ones here.
>
>  Michael

I didnt say anyone died of either of those two bugs.  They just
wish they did once they catch 'em...

Flaming is appropriate when the spirit of the flame is to help
insure the safety of the people at large.  My flame is a hell of
a lot more considerate than a "doctor" claiming that eating
*any* meat, *any* time, is perfectly ok. It is NOT, and telling
people so is irresponsible. Period.

And obviously there are people other than Americans on this
list..if you had *read* my posting, instead of just reacting to it,
 you would have seen me say the same damn thing, and in fact
that was my exact point. Thank you for helping me make
so many of them.

Anna